Yesterday Mike told me they were making a Terminator TV series. "Weird," I said, "how'd you find that out?" "I saw a billboard yesterday, it was crazy." "Where's the billboard?" "Somewhere by the Apple Pan."
This got me to thinking. I would like to see this billboard. But the Apple Pan is all the way across town, and I know I'm not going to have time to make it out there any time soon. Plus, the idea of driving to the westside to gaze upon a billboard is laughably stupid.
But I still want to see it. And this hasn't been the only time I've heard of a cool billboard I'd like to see. Does anybody remember when they pulled the one for Captivity? I wanted to see that one too, but I didn't know where it was or how to find it.
This brings us to my brilliant idea of the day. There are thousands (millions, probably) of websites out there that serve very specific and obscure purposes. I think someone should start some sort of Los Angeles Billboard Wiki, where people post pictures and locations of billboards from all over town. It could even be linked to Google Maps, so people could map their way to hot billboard destinations. I have neither the time, energy, nor ability to undertake such a task, so I'm throwing this idea out on the open internet in hopes that someone will pick it up and run with it.
In other news, today will be my last post for a few days because I'm flying home for Thanksgiving with Amy (our first plane flight together). So I might as well wish you all a happy Thanksgiving now. Travel well, be well, and eat well.